Frequently asked questions
- Registering as a User
- Do I need a Twitter or Facebook account to use Valioo?
No, there is no need to. The only thing you need to use Valioo is an email address. Click on the Facebook Connect button and/or Twitter Connect button and you will be able to register through these two social networks, but if you are not enrolled in them, just insert your email address, choose a password and that's it.
- What can I review on?
You can review on anything: products (books, movies, wine, cameras, laptops, cars, clothes, etc.), services (hotels, rural cottages, restaurants, lawyers, doctors, dentists, mechanics, etc.), places (cities, parks, beaches, lost villages, museums, etc), events (exhibitions, football matches, conferences, concerts, etc.) and even people (in this case you will have to use Valioo.me)
- I can't find the form for what I want to review!
You can make your own form for what you want to review. At the end of the list of the search results, you will see “Add what you cannot find”. If you click there, a new window will open which will allow you, in a fast and easy way, to register the theme of your review.
- How can I review?
It is very simple. The process takes 3 steps.
First, evaluate rating in between 1 star (poor) and 5 stars (excellent).
Later, share your review by selecting as many tags (short sentences which you can select with just one click) as you wish. If you want to comment on anything which is not reflected in any of the tags we suggest to you, you can easily add your own (with a limit of 50 characters).
Finally, if you wish, we offer you the possibility to share your review with your contacts in Twitter and/or Facebook. That's it!
- Can I review the same theme several times?
Yes, you can. We are really interested on having your most recent review, so don't hesitate to review it again if, for example, you visit a restaurant for a second time. Your new review will replace the old one. Valioo only sets a limit to repeated reviews: a repeated review only gives the right for payment if a minimum period of time of 30 days has elapsed in between the two reviews.
- Who decides which non-profit receives the money?
Users do. When you register as a user in Valioo, we offer you different non-profits. From that moment on, all your rewarded reviews will serve to fund the non-profit projects you have chosen. You can decide to switch non-profits at any time.
- Does every review generate a reward for the non-profit I have chosen?
Reviews only generate money if the owner of the theme reviewed is a Valioo customer. If you write a review on a hotel or restaurant whose owner is registered in Valioo, you will receive a micro-payment for the non-profit you have chosen. The same will occur if you make a review on a product manufactured or sold by a registered company (a winery, a computer or car manufacturer, etc.).
Every day we convince more companies that their customers' reviews are highly valuable and that they should reward them through Valioo. However, it is a time consuming effort and it is possible that it will take you a while to get a rewarded review. To solve this “problem”, Valioo is also looking for companies that want to be advertized at the end of the review process at the cost of paying a micro-amount to your non-profit.
- Why should I review if I don't always get money?
It is very important that you review every time you have the chance, because if Valioo users are very active, businesses and companies will realize that it is really worth participating in Valioo. When we get 5 reviews on a non affiliated product or service, we contact its owner to introduce Valioo to him and encourage him to enter our community. All your reviews count. Each of them helps Valioo turn into the source of funding non-profits so desperately need.
- What happens if the non-profit I want to contribute to is not on Valioo's list?
- Valioo is conceived with the desire to become a new way of funding for non-profits. That's why, in its beginnings, the affiliated non-profits list is shorter: so that the customers' money that is entering the system can be distributed in such a way that non-profits receive a significant amount. But that doesn't mean it is a closed list; if you have an interest that the non-profit you want to contribute should be in Valioo, let us know through miren[@]valioo.com. If other Valioo users also ask for the same thing, we will start negotiations with that non-profit to participate in Valioo.
- Managing a customer's account
- What's the difference between a Free account and a Pro account?
When you use a Free account, you only pay for the reviews your own customers leave and Valioo offers you some basic services (view list).
When you use a Pro account, you pay for reviews and also for a monthly fee of 25€ to have access to additional services that are of high added value (view list). Of course, the Pro customer also has access to the free basic services of the Free account.
- What's the difference between a public form and a private one?
Public form (can be found with our search engine, reviews are public and user can share a positive review through Facebook and/or Twitter)
Private form (only you will have access to the reviews and will be allowed to ask for those taking into account that a private form cannot be found with our search engine)
- What does Valioo's guarantee consist of?
In Valioo we don't charge you if we aren't adding any value to our customer. If a Pro customer hasn't received any review in over a month, we won't charge him the next month's fee.
- How much do I have to pay for each review?
Valioo sets a minimum of 0.25 € per review. But, besides this, you are free to set the price you consider convenient.
Which criteria should you manage when defining prices?
Bill average: if you sell expensive products/services, it would be reasonable to pay more than someone who sells cheap products/services.
Customer's profile: You are actually paying your customer for the time he spends writing down a review in Valioo. How much does a minute of your customer's time cost?
Your own need: if reviews are very valuable for your business, don't hesitate then to reward your customers appropriately.
Suggestions for reviews pay
Restaurants: 1 and 2.5 €
Hotels (including B&B): between 2 and 5 €
Law firms: 5 and 50 € (depending on whether it is an individual customer or a company)
Publishing houses (books): between 0.5 and 1 €
Winery (wine bottles): between 0.5 and 2.5€
If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact us at business[@]valioo.com
- Can I contact those users who have reviewed my business?
Yes, you can contact those Valioo users who had already reviewed. You can do it through Valioo, without having access to the user's email address. Thanks to Valioo, you will be able to apologize to unsatisfied customers or even thank pleased customers for their compliments.
- Can I delete the negative reviews of my business?
Valioo wants to be a completely transparent system for users, that's why this action is not possible for customers. However, you can mark a tag as offensive if you consider that it doen't respect Valioo rules.
- If I have more than one business, do I have to open an account in Valioo for each business?
- If you are a Pro customer you can manage up to 5 businesses in the same account in Valioo, which will allow you to have easier access to the reviews generated on your different businesses. If you are a Free customer, you will have to open a different account for each of your businesses.
- Valioo company
- What is Valioo, a company or a non-profit?
Valioo is a social enterprise. We are structured as a Limited Liability Company and we work as a normal company. However, we are distinguished because our first aim is solidarity: generate money to fund those non-profit projects chosen by our users.
- What part of the Money goes to the non-profits and what part remains in Valioo?
In the system created by Valioo there exist two different sorts of income.
- What companies pay to reward our user's reviews. Valioo doesn't receive any of this money: 70% goes to funding the participating non-profit projects and 30% goes to paying the taxes (corporate tax) for this income./li>
- The monthly fee that companies pay for additional services included in Plan Pro (monthly fee of 25€). This income serves to funding maintenance and development in Valioo.
Valioo is committed to providing its users with all the useful information for them to clearly see where the funds moving around the platform begin and end.
- Does Valioo give my personal details to third parties?
Valioo doesn't and won't ever give your personal details to anybody. Your data (profile information and reviews) remain within Valioo.
If member companies pay when you review is because they want to get more reviews and not because they want to access your information. When they answer to your review via email, they do it through Valioo, we won't ever give them your email address.
- How about Twitter and Facebook
We offer you the chance (but it is not compulsory) to connect your Valioo account with your Twitter and/or Facebook account, so that you can share your reviews with your followers and/or friends; but that doesn't mean you have to share all your reviews. We always ask for permission before passing on a review. Whenever you want you can share it, and if you don't feel like sharing it, you don't have to do it. It is that simple.
- Can other Valioo users see my reviews?
As you know, all the reviews users make on a business are fused in a single unit (list of the most used tags), which represents a collective review. We don't publish individual reviews one after another as other platforms do.
The only place where your reviews are grouped together is in your profile. Only you have access to that information, no other user has.
The only reviews shared with third parties are the ones you decide to share with your contacts in Twitter and/or Facebook.
- About Valioo.me
Valioo.me is a game we have made up in Valioo to let people know about our platform in an entertaining way. We call it the feel good application.
Thanks to Valioo.me, you can ask your friends to tell you what they think about you, focusing on your qualities. In school, at work, etc. we already meet enough people who just want to critize, so it will do very good on us to receive encouraging comments from our friends.
Contrary to Valioo, where companies have to accept critics and cannot delete negative reviews, in Valioo.me you have total control of your own form. If a friend makes a new tag you don't like, you can delete it.
- Are these famous people Valioo.me users?
No, they aren't. We have created these forms for you to test out Valioo.me, even before you invite your friends to take part in Valioo. These are passives forms: they only receive reviews but cannot review themselves. The Valioo team itself is in charge of deleting eventual offensive tags that some users might create.
- Advertising in Valioo
- Why does it sometimes appear an advertisement message at the end of the reviewing process?
We have added advertising to avoid your tiredness when reviewing on products/services that are not affiliated to Valioo yet. Our advertisers award your review and in change they show an advertisement message.
It is not compulsory to watch these ads: you can mention in your profile that you don’t want to watch any. Of course, if you don’t watch the ads, you won’t earn money for your non-profit.